KSHE WINTER BLOOD DRIVE
DECEMBER 10, 10 AM - 6PM DECEMBER 11, 9 AM - 3 PM
At SEVEN area Missouri and Illinois locations
Rock n’ Roll up your sleeve
We can't wait to see our loyal KSHE donors again in December! Everyone who comes to donate will receive the KSHE Winter Blood Drive T-Shirt (left) and automatic entry in a drawing for nine pairs of tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert at Enterprise Center on Thursday, December 30 (one winner for a pair of tickets chosen from each blood drive location).
To ensure we can maintain health and safety protocols, all donors must schedule an appointment for donation. And to maintain a consistent flow of donors, we will NOT be able to accept walk-ins.
Appointments required, please use online scheduling links below, or call 800-747-5401 to save your spot!
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Hosting a Mobile Blood Drive in the COVID-19 pandemic
Impact Life has responded to questions from several of our blood drive hosts recently on Impact Life’s ability to continue collecting donations at mobile blood drives during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are writing to assure you this activity is approved under public health guidelines, even as we have seen an increase in COVID-19 infection rates across our region.
Impact Life is working to remind blood donors and those who host mobile blood drives that blood donation is an approved, essential activity even as government bodies urge citizens to limit trips outside the home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Blood donation centers and mobile blood drives are permitted to continue operations because:
- We follow Federal, State and local guidance for Blood and Plasma collection. See more about the guidance here.
- Blood donation events are essential healthcare services per the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and should continue even if Stay at Home orders are put in place by local and state governments. This exemption includes blood drive host locations, blood collection staff and volunteers and blood donors.
- Signs are being posted at all facilities and collection events asking people not to present to blood drives, to centers or to work if they are not feeling well or if they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. We are asking these screening questions when scheduling donors over the phone as well.
- Only donors, volunteers and staff members allowed to enter our facilities for health and safety purposes.
- We have reiterated our existing protocol for keeping environments safe and healthy for workers and donors and are expanding upon existing cleaning and health hygiene practices.
- Donor Services staff are required to change gloves and sanitize hands between donors. Wipe down beds with disinfectant between donors.
- Hand sanitizer must be available at all stations at blood collection events for staff and donors.
- Staff at collection events and all facilities are being asked to frequently clean high-touch surfaces.
- Staff are distancing donors throughout the process.
- We are asking donors to make appointments to ensure health and safety protocols and to balance blood inventories in the weeks and months to come.
- DONORS AND STAFF ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS. If donors do not have a face covering, they will be provided with one when they arrive for their donation.
Our Blood Center is the provider of blood and blood components to more than 115 hospitals in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, and Wisconsin. To schedule an appointment for donation, call (800) 747-5401, schedule online at www.bloodcenter.org, or via the Blood Center’s mobile app (www.bloodcenter.org/app).
Fox C-6 Service Center
949 Jeffco Boulevard, Arnold
James J. Eagan Center
#1 James J Eagan Drive, Florissant
VFW Post 2866
66 V F W Lane, St. Charles
© 2021 Hubbard Radio St. Louis, LLC